Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Washington the Tiger and Saint Valentine got to the Mardi Gras Parade and left with Ashes.







This weekend has been a whirlwind of little known holidays and the big commercial giant, Valentine's Day. For my handsome boyfriend I crafted a pop-up card inspired by my friend Maria's make-up case from Sephora. Since Alice in Wonderland is his favorite book I figured it was kismet. It was a tricky business but I had fun recreating the Lewis Carroll characters.

From the rabbit hole we toured the strange adventures that Albany, NY has to hold. It was impossible to pass Washinton Park without stopping to skate infront of the beautiful theatre house. Good thing I always keep (forget) my skates in the backseat of my car. It was a very classic 'goodoldtime' way to pass the afternoon with the sun just peaking out of the snowy sky. The rest of the after noon was spent in the NY State Museum which is quite large and windy and filled with slightly creepy mannequins representing the industrial history of my new state. Some gems are the found hidden on the fourth floor, the antique carousel and the rocketcar, two must-sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment