Thursday, February 25, 2010

If I Can Make Bagels, I Can Do Anything!




Four years ago my Memere cut out a newspaper clipping of a bagel recipe and sent it along with her monthly letter. I have since had it in my mind to bake my own bagels. Instead over the last four years I've simply memorized the faces of the engaged couples on the opposite side. I decided recently in a symbolic gesture that to really take hold of my life I had to quite making excuses about time and ingredients and go ahead and make the darn bagels. And I'm so happy I did because not only was it fun and delicious but I got the satisfaction of know that it's never too late to do the things you should have done. And who knows, maybe some day I'll open a bagel shop (at the very least I can always impress my friends at breakfast). What's your favorite flavor?

1 comment:

  1. omg making your own bagels! Yummmm. I can make donuts. So basically, we should open up a bakery.

    ReplyDelete